I let this cure for a few hours while I installed an AUX input to the intercom, so that I could plug in a CD/MP3/whatever player into it.
I also installed an interior cloth cover for the cockpit access door, which was leaking air like the proverbial sieve. This cover is about 8.5" square and is sealed around the edges with velcro. I can peal the top rear corner back so that I can get at the latch from the outside, and I can seal it inside to keep out the air. It's about 98% effective - no more breeze, and a LOT less air infiltration.
After letting the silicone RTV cure, I put everything back together and went up for 0.4 hours to test the heat. BINGO - that was the problem. I now have gobs of heat and a lot less air leakage into the cockpit.
The 2 hour flight to SBY this weekend will be the real test, as we'll go up high (well, what passes for high here on the east coast) and it'll be cold. But we'll have heat and tunes -).
See you there!
|[Zeitlin's Cozy MKIV Information] [Zeitlin's Cozy MKIV Logbook]
[Cozy MKIV Information]
Copyright © 2003, All Rights Reserved, Marc J. Zeitlin